February 7, 2013
1LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? 2 He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart 3 and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, 4 who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the LORD, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, 5 who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. Whoever does these things will never be shaken. Psalm 15:5b NIV
Do you desire to dwell and live in the presence of God now and forever more? You can live a victorious and overcoming life in the midst of a perverse generation. King David in the passage above gives the characteristics of a believer whose life is founded upon the solid foundation of Jesus that cannot be shaken.
1. One who walks uprightly. They walk right. They are sincere and sound at heart, consistently loving and serving God, loving
their neighbors not in word only, but in action.
2. One who speaks the truth. They tell the truth. Their words and professions to God and men are true and agree with the thoughts and purposes of their heart.
3. One who does not slander. They refuse to gossip or blame their neighbor. They do not speak evil against their neighbor nor desire to see hurt, harm or danger upon them.
4. One who despises the vile but honors the Godly. They do not respect the ungodly but highly esteem and love them that fear God.
5. One who keeps his word. They keep their word even if it costs them and brings inconvenience.
6. One who lends money without a usury. They make a honest living and lend money without charging interest.
7. One who does not accept a bribe. They cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent.
When you chose to do these things you are secure, unmovable and unshakable from your secure place in the Lord. Allow the Holy Spirit to overshadow you and birth these things into your spirit.
Love, Peace and Blessing,